Re: [Amps] HV switch-mode power supply

To: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] HV switch-mode power supply
From: Roger <sub1@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 21:57:50 -0400

Jim Brown wrote:
> On Fri, 22 May 2009 12:47:55 -0700 (PDT), Radio W7IUV wrote:
>

>> I have cheap electricity so efficiency is really not an issue either.
>>

> You couldn't say that if you lived in California!  :)  I rarely get a
> monthly bill that doesn't have some kWh at the 2X penalty rate, and you
> can hit the 3X penalty in a summer month with a couple of contest
> weekends.

Just another reason not to live in California. <:-))  Here in Michigan,
with all fees included it's about 10 cents per KWh. Admittedly our
winter days are pretty short and a tad chilly with lots of cloudy
weather and our summers are kinda short falling on the 3rd or 4th week
of July.  It's also getting less crowded as we get rid of the auto industry.

73

Roger (K8RI)