Re: [Amps] Amp design tutorial online?

To: Dave white <mausoptik@btinternet.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Amp design tutorial online?
From: Roger <sub1@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 16:44:43 -0400

Dave white wrote:
> If you can get hold of a copy of the late W6SAI's 'Radio Handbook' then
> you'll find that to be the amplifier builders bible.  Older Arrl Andbooks are
> good on tube kit too.  Look also at Ian White's site (www.ifwtech.co.uk or
> search for G3SEK), look for articles by G4FRX who wrote some good stuff and
> take a look and AG6K's site too.  G3SEK and AG6K are very helpful, as is
> W6MTF Reid Brandon who works for Eimac.  There were a lot of good articles in
> the German Dubus magazine if you have an interest in vhf.  Some of these are
> available on the web.
>
> Speaking of Eimac ask Linda Di Lorenzo who works in their marketing dept for
> materials such as the amateur service bulletins and the Care And Feeding Of
> Power Grid Tubes book which may also still be on their website

Thanks for bringing that up. Yes, it is on the web site although it may
take a search of the web site to find it. Just enter "care and feeding"
into the search web site and a PDF comes up
http://www.cpii.com/search.cfm .  I found this of interest as I have one
of the books, but it is *very* old. <:-)) OTOH the theory hasn't changed.

73

Roger (K8RI)