Re: [Amps] AL1200/RTTY

To: AMPS@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] AL1200/RTTY
From: Kevin Normoyle <knormoyle@surfnetusa.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2009 08:28:40 -0700
Bob K6XX commented on watt reading accuracy on the AL1200.

Yeah, I knew someone was going to say "get a Bird!" :)

I did run the coax thru my Palstar AT1500 tuner in bypass mode before it
went to the dummy load. (I used to use AT1500 but not any more).
The Palstar indicated ~1500W when the AL1200 indicated 1200W.
I know the Palstar is known to be inaccurate too though..it's basically
just another version of what the AL1200 is doing I guess?

The metal dial thermometer idea sounds good.

Hey Bill: it does raise the question: When your coil blew, how did you
know you were running 1500W?
If the AL1200 was underreporting (like mine might be), then maybe you
were over 1500W??

-kevin
ke6rad