Re: [Amps] HV Measuring.

To: <vk3zl@bigpond.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] HV Measuring.
From: MIKE DURKIN <patriot121@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2009 22:03:04 -0700

I liked that idea so much .. i tried it ...
I ran my amp off of 120V(125V actually) instead of 240V and the lowest cap had
196V across it. ok that means that at 240V it would be running at the max rated
supply voltage ( it only has 400V caps - bummer - HL-2k and P9306UL's yokagawa
schematics call for 500V-umm what gives??) 3136V calc'ed

Might add another 330uf@400V for safe measure since iv got it open ...

KC7NOA