Re: [Amps] SB-220 bias question

To: Gudguyham@aol.com, lists@subich.com, sub1@rogerhalstead.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] SB-220 bias question
From: "jerome schatten" <romers@shaw.ca>
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 18:33:29 -0700
And by extension, consider an amplifier tuned with a steady tone for
maximum power out when the i/p side of the pi network matches the tube
plate Z and the output of the pi matches the load Z. If the amplifier
was then used on SSB driven by a human voice, the only time the amp
would _not_ be mis-tuned is when the human voice peak drove the amp to
exactly the same level as the peak of the tone used for tun-up.

That seems wacky to me.

jerome - va7vv