Re: [Amps] Kenwood TL-922A on 17 meters

To: "Steve Sala" <k7awb@msn.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Kenwood TL-922A on 17 meters
From: "Hardy Landskov" <n7rt@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 16:50:19 -0700
Be very careful when trying to use standard amps that were not designed for
WARC bands. The plate choke is series resonant around 18 MHz in many amps.
I'm not sure the TL-922 configuration but you may apply 18 MHz energy and
the amp will make a noise like a cherry bomb just went off. And you know
what that means.......
Hardy N7RT