Re: [Amps] QSK switching time

To: "k5jv" <k5jv@kingwoodcable.com>, "Amp Reflector" <amps@contesting.com>, "W5PVR" <alpha76@triton.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] QSK switching time
From: "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 13:06:53 -0500
Lon,

One factor oftentimes neglected when reporting diode-switched, QSK
performance is the degree of IMD product produced.  For example, the Alpha
86 had approximately 10-15 dB worse 3rd order IMD than the comparable Alpha
87A and 89 as a result of non-optimized PIN diode biasing.  The RF deck and
components off all three Alpha amps are nearly identical.

Paul, W9AC