Re: [Amps] condition 4-1000A tubes?

To: k8mlm@aol.com,mausoptik@btinternet.com,DHomerick@neo.rr.com, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] condition 4-1000A tubes?
From: Alek Petkovic <vk6apk@bigpond.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 06:21:56 +0800
And you conditioned your tube the correct way. I was under the
impression that the ONLY way to getter that type of tube is to get
the anode hot. Think I've read that here a number of times.

Simply running the filaments does not get the anode hot so nothing is
achieved by doing it. Ya gotta hit it with the full steam.

73, Alek
VK6APK

At 05:20 AM 24/01/2010, k8mlm@aol.com wrote:
>Sure was a well spent dollar.  My 4-1000 beast is my favorite to  operate.
>
>Bob
>K8MLM
>

>In a message dated 1/23/2010 2:32:57 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
>mausoptik@btinternet.com writes:
>
>Lol!  I bet that's the best dollar you ever spent,  Bob!
>
>Dave G0OIL

 From sunny Binningup, Western Australia

http://www.qrz.com/db/vk6apk
http://www.qrz.com/db/vk6py