[Amps] kW dummy load resistors

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] kW dummy load resistors
From: John Lyles <jtml@losalamos.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 23:08:44 -0700
Two sources of non-inductive high power tubular resistors:

Cesiwid, Kanthal-Globar or whatever they are called now (used to be
Carborundum Co). They make resistors that are about 300 watts rating,
that can be series or paralleled for 50 ohms and are made from bulk
carbon-like material.

Altronics Research, in Arkansas. They make very high power deposited
film resistors on ceramic cores. Bird uses them in their loads.

If you want to make a good load, these are some of the best. Bring money
though.
73
John
K5PRO