Re: [Amps] WD-40 is not....

To: amps <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] WD-40 is not....
From: Ron Youvan <ka4inm@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2010 00:08:00 +0000
>> WD-40 is not a lubricant.  It was invented as a Water Displacement
>> liquid.
>> It has some minor lubricating properties, but lacks both the staying
>> power
>> of real oil and the more complete handling of friction that oil has.

> It is a good solvent though....

  It is supper for removing adhesive labels no matter how long they have been
stuck there and I've
never had it soften paint or damage any plastic. (doesn't mean it can't) It
must soak through the
paper or you must lift an edge of plastic labels and keep the edge of the
adhesive wet with it.
--
    Ron KA4INM - I'm proud to be Chuck's pop!