Re: [Amps] FW: WD-40 Is Not....

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] FW: WD-40 Is Not....
From: Patrick <tpblogeditor@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2010 16:03:05 -0500
Quoting Charlie Young:

I don't know about snake oil, but can tell you something that makes snakes
> mad.  They don't like paint from an aerosol can.  Back in the mid 1970's  I
> lived in a hillside house that was on a full basement. My shack was in the
> basement. Returning from Field Day, my son and I were unloading equipment.
> Something moved on top of my back
> basement wall, which was made from cider block. There was a snake up there.
> I took a 6' long steel bar, which coal miners call a slate bar, and prodded
> the thing trying to crush  it.  The snake slithered down inside the block,
> but poked its head out and was looking at me.
> I would jab, it would duck down inside the block.

That would have about the time I would have gotten out of that house...FOR
GOOD!

No way I could leave a snake inside my basement wall.  What to do?  There
was a can of red insulating spray paint on the workbench.  I grabbed the
can, and sprayed the paint inside the block.  Instantly, the snake came out
of the block, down the wall to the floor, and charged me.  I jumped in a
chair which fortunately was handy, and killed the snake with the metal bar
while it was on the floor, between legs of the chair. It was a big
rattlesnake.

That's because the aerosol and quite possibly the paint fumes were robbing
that snakes ability to breathe. I dunno about you, but someone pinched my
nose, I'd bite 'em too. (hey, someone has to take up for the snake....)

I figure WD40 would have had a similar effect.

I doubt it, but maybe... The paint was much more toxic and harmful to the
snake.

Speaking of snakes... I love this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_UnV3RbCtg

73 de K8CPA

-Chuck