[Amps] Commander-2000 issues

To: Amps-List <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Commander-2000 issues
From: Bob KD7YZ <kd7yz@denstarfarm.us>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 14:00:13 -0400
Hello. I have a, new to me, Commander-2000. I can tune it up for, say,
1400 watts with key-down and maintain that output on SSB or CW
throughout a QSO.

New to also is JT65A/ FSK441 for Meteor Scatter and EME. So I tried my
tune up method nd got into a sked with Jarda the other day on 6m.
Initially I was putting out 1400 watts. After a very few sequences I was
putting out 800 watts ... then 500 ... then I called it all off.

After a while, as _you_ all understand, and I don't,  the Amp worked
just Peachy-Keene. And it still does.

So, obviously I need some "learning" or I need to make some mods to it
to handle the workload of JT65 on EME . Well, I tried a MS sked with
Bill today and started qt 1400w out to my 6M8GJ and after a few FSK441
sequences, I was down to 800 .. you get the picture.

Bill suggested I join this list. Here I am ...

--
bob kd7yz EM88ii