Re: [Amps] A word of Caution for my Ham Radio Brethren!

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] A word of Caution for my Ham Radio Brethren!
From: Roger <sub1@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 01:42:31 -0400

On 5/18/2010 10:48 PM, Ron Youvan wrote:
> VAN K7VS wrote:
>

>> Hardy.  You are totally incorrect.  The Heathkit manuals are all copywrited
>> and NOT in the public domain.
>>
>     Do copyrights last for ever?

Unfortunately it seems like it, as a few years ago, congress rewrote the
terms of copyright profaning what was once a good system.  IIRC this as
close to the time of the DMCA as well. Copyright lasts a very long time.
I believe some one else already posted, it's for the life of the
original writer, or publisher plus 75 years...again IIRC.  There are
other stipulations as well.  It's rare, but not imporssible to find
technical and user manuals falling under this domain though.

73

Roger (K8RI)