Re: [Amps] Check out This Ebay Amplifier system

To: AMPS List <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Check out This Ebay Amplifier system
From: Martin Flynn <maflynn@theflynn.org>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2010 07:53:18 -0400
Every time I see "Big Radio" CB  installs like this, I wonder if the
builders have a clue.   Skip the "motor maul", multiple Leece-Neville
alternators, and custom brackets and drop in a surplus 28 volt Onan
generator for your multi-pill "skullcracka"or "Dave Made" amplifier.

If you were hell-bent on putting  +10kW of RF out, why not install a 15
kW / 3 phase generator & a re-worked broadcast transmitter?    Hopefully
the near-field from the antenna would remove these folks from the gene
pool before they reproduce.

<all comments intended as humor>

Martin