Re: [Amps] More parasitic choke questions

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] More parasitic choke questions
From: "Martin Sole" <hs0zed@csloxinfo.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 08:12:48 +0700
Interesting about how they do the series capacitor arrangement though I
still wonder if it is making it overly complicated. Silver Mica capacitors
are about as common as Globar resistors here though so alternatives would be
useful too.

As to the power involved I got to digging around and unearthed an article
Rich Measures had published in QST of 1989, it's on his website. Is the
theory/math in that article messed up? It certainly suggests there might be
more than a couple of watts in the R on 10m.

Martin, HS0ZED