Re: [Amps] Any experiences with "powergridtube"? (YC156 hunt)

To: AMPS <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Any experiences with "powergridtube"? (YC156 hunt)
From: "Bill, W6WRT" <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 16:35:12 -0700
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Thu, 30 Sep 2010 10:14:36 -0700, Jim Barber <audioguy@charter.net>
wrote:

>There's a current eBay auction by "powergridtube" that lists 5 tubes
>"cleaned and laboratory tested to full output", although no specific
>guarantee is given.

REPLY:

For what it's worth... having bought a couple of bad used tubes (not
from this guy), I will never again buy any used tube that is not
guaranteed good upon receipt. I would not expect the seller to give any
lengthy guarantee, but he should offer a reasonable refund period.

I would suggest emailing this guy and telling him so.

73, Bill W6WRT