Re: [Amps] A dual 4-1000 amp

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] A dual 4-1000 amp
From: kf8od@aol.com
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 07:15:51 -0500 (EST)
You will shoot your eye out!

-----Original Message-----
From: Patrick <tpblogeditor@gmail.com>
To: amps <amps@contesting.com>
Sent: Fri, Nov 26, 2010 1:49 am
Subject: [Amps] A dual 4-1000 amp

I've got a wild hair up my derriere about building something. A project. I
ot two spools of soldier over here and a darned good soldiering station.
t's about darned time I used it.
Now for the questions:
1. Why shouldn't I build it?
2. Ya'll think I could?
3. Money is really gonna be an issue. Wanna help? :) Michigan Sucks, and
t's economy sucks worse. it is crimping my style. (read: Unemployed since
005!)
4. I'd really like to build one with 4 4-1000's call it the M.F'er 5K (but
hat's just my wild nutty side of me speaking...)
5. Band-switching, filtering and all that. Yes, Yes and Yes. :) I'd like to
ind the filtering boards pre-built and power supply boards prebuilt. But I
ould LOVE the challenge of at least putting the parts on myself. Not so
uch on the filter board. I mean, the filter board, that keeps the signal
ure... Not the Power supply filtering.. :)  I hate winding coils...
Now for some thoughts and ramblings.
No, I have never done this sort of a thing before. Yes, I am about half
at-poop stinky crazy to try it. Yes, I do know the power requirements. Yes,
 do know that I could get the crap shocked outta me and killed ---- it
omes with the territory. No, I couldn't really do the 4 bulb box --- this
OS MFJ 989C would go into orbit.
Meters... it's got to have HUGE lighted meters that measure everything and
verybody the more the better. It would have to have a show off window. I
anna look at my bulbs. Yes, I know the darned circuits have to built for
ll that, more project fun.
I also want to buy, find or whatever, the biggest loudest, 757 Airplane
otor spooling up sounding blower motor that I can find for it. I WANT
eople to say stuff like, "Oh Lord A-Mighty --- He's turning the big iron
n!" (or at least the big bulbs...)
What I want is a two piece unit.... The bulbs would go on the desk. The
ower supply would go in the corner. Connected by cabling.
Just something that's been swirling in the back of my mind for a while now.
Hope Ya'll's Thanksgiving was great!
73 and keep the bulbs warm...
-Chuck Adkins K8CPA
ttp://www.politicalbyline.com