Re: [Amps] AL-1200 pi input network. is manual right for correct LC valu

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] AL-1200 pi input network. is manual right for correct LC values
From: "knormoyle@surfnetusa.com" <knormoyle@surfnetusa.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 18:17:57 -0800
thanks everyone for all that.
I notice in the user manual, it does show extended freq ranges to include all
the WARC bands except 24.5
Mhz.

160M:  1.8-2.0Mhz
80M: 3.3-4.4Mhz
40M: 6.3-8.3Mhz
20M: 9.5-15.5Mhz
15M: 15.5-21.5Mhz
10M: 24 - 29Mhz

So yeah, 10M was "centered" at 26Mhz before my change. So maybe that was what
they were attempting to do.

elsewhere they claim for the input network:

Circuit type: Pi-network, slug tuned coils
maximum VSWR at resonance: 1.2:1
minimum 2:1 VSWR bandwidth: 20%

I assume that's 20% of the center frequency. So that would be plus or minus 10%
for 2:1 SWR
so 10M high would have been 26+2.6 = 28.6Mhz

So the WARC issue is making it make more sense. I guess the manual is just not
correct about the components.

The efficiency seemed low at 15 and 10. I was hoping tuning up the input
networks would help that.
(haven't fully checked result until I put it all back together)

-kevin
ad6z