[Amps] Amplifier Parts

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Amplifier Parts
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@hawaiiantel.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 11:43:32 -1000
>   And leaves your estate wondering what to do "with all this
> junk".

This brings up a good point. Many of the specialized parts for
amplifiers that are valuable and hard to find are just junk to a non-ham
relative. They often have no idea what these gizmo's are for, or who
would be interested in them. And they may not have the patience or any
desire to find out, opting for the most expedient method of disposal:
the land fill. Even other hams, that your survivors may find at the
local club, can be pretty clueless. If they can't figure out how to use
it in the two meter repeater system it is just junk to them too.

I think it was QST that had an article recently about preparing your
estate for your inevitable demise. This is something we should all think
about and do something about , so that all those neat goodies end up in
the hands of a ham who could use them instead of in the land fill.

DE N6KB