Re: [Amps] Good Lord! for a pair of 12AT7s?

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Good Lord! for a pair of 12AT7s?
From: Al Kozakiewicz <akozak@hourglass.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2011 11:48:59 -0500
When I was in high school I worked for a TV station.  In exchange for coiling
up a bunch of cables that were "stored" outside, I was given as much 50's era
station equipment as I could fit in my parents station wagon.  Among the prizes
was a pair of GE studio sync generators.  The flip-flops in the generators (and
there were a lot of them) were implemented with 12AX7's, each triode pair
constituing a single flip-flop.

I had several boxes full of 12AX7's, 12AY7's, 12AU7's and every other dual
triode that was state of the art in 1954.  Threw them all out sometime in the
1970's.

Al
AB2ZY