Re: [Amps] TL922A recommended mods?

To: fortra@siol.net, 4cx250b@muohio.edu, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] TL922A recommended mods?
From: Gudguyham@aol.com
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 11:12:02 -0400 (EDT)
Jim, I have a couple of those amps here now and repaired a few in the
past.  This amp DOES NEED a soft key circuit.  That is #1 in the list  if you
don't change the relays.  There are 2 relays in there one for  antenna change
and one for bias.  You'd have to speed them both up if you  go vacuum.
Surely a glitch resistor won't hurt.  If you want a step  start Harbach has one
that fits (why re-invent the wheel). The "A" model has 10  meters disabled.
You might want to enable it while you have it.  Info  on the net.  Other
than that I'd stay away from any of the bizarre mods  which are out there.  GL
 Lou

In a message dated 8/14/2012 9:52:47 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,