Re: [Amps] New air system socket for 8877 needed

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] New air system socket for 8877 needed
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <k8ri@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2013 14:49:32 -0400
On 8/30/2013 1:55 PM, John Farber wrote:
I'm looking for an air system ceramic socket for an 8877 as part  of my cleanup
redesign of HB 6 m HF  amp
conversion project that is nearing completion. If you have one new or nearly new condition that you could sell me please reply directly to me. I'm in the Scotts Valley/Santa Cruz CA area and am willing to travel up to 50 miles. Or if you can direct me to a source of new or NOS sockets at reasonable prIces please pass that info along as well. The group might like to see the various sources suggested. If you have a favorite method of modifying a socket to allow for better airflow I'd like to see those as well. I'm gla

Look at the sockets on e-bay. They are simple and should be easy to make one like them. I think they are usually a bit high priced for whats there. The socket is on stand offs with a bracket. You'd still need to come up with a chimney.

73

Roger (K8RI)