Re: [Amps] S/S Amp's

To: k7fm@teleport.com, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] S/S Amp's
From: peter chadwick <g8on@fsmail.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 09:34:22 +0200
<A cathode follower can solve the problem, though.>

A cathode follower can solve many problems. Some years ago, one afternoon I had
the tower cranked over and the garden full of bits of aluminium as I was
putting the antennas back together after some work and aiming to get the job
finished before dark. Two little old ladies appeared, so I got off the ladder
and asked if I could help.

"We are Jehovah's Witnesses and we're her to bring you the word of God"

Why my response was what it was, I cannot think to this day.

"I'm sorry, but we're Cathode Followers here - high mu, not low mu, but we're
still Cathode Followers"

"Oh, sorry to have bothered you, good afternoon"

So cathode followers can be very useful...

73

Peter G3RZP