[Amps] henry 2-kd classic desktop amp

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] henry 2-kd classic desktop amp
From: Douglas Johnson via Amps <amps@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2014 09:35:24 -0700 (PDT)
Hi, looking for some ideas on the henry amp I bought at an estate sale. It was
wired 110v and when plugged in did nothing, no start or anything. Converted it
to 220v ac and it immediately came to life, appeared everthing was working
until the power out was checked. Very low output on all bands ( 200-300w) plate
voltage is somewhat low ( 2600, ssb ) I suspect one of the p.s. caps is dead,
but plate current is 600mils and grid current is 200mils , both in spec to the
manual. idle current is 80 mils, cutoff is ok. Checked the input swr on all
bands and saw no problems there.  I had a brand new set of tubes on hand and
after installing them had the same results on all bands. any ideas?...Doug,w9iix