Re: [Amps] Question on installing new Amp tube

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Question on installing new Amp tube
From: Lee <L@w0vt.us>
Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2015 11:52:37 -0500
This scheme makes no sense to me. It is known a 3-500Z tube has it's getter on the plate. So if you place 45 volts on the plate and draw 400 ma, you have a plate dissipation of 18 watts. 18 watts is not even close to getting the plate cherry red. In fact it won't get the plate to glow at all. Since the plate is the getter and it can't getter unless the plate is glowing, how in the world can this scheme work? There is something wrong here. This scheme is telling us the getter works without a red hot plate. This is news to me as every other gettering scheme I have seen insists on getting the plate to glow.
Lee, w0vt