Re: [Amps] Amp output power

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Amp output power
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <k8ri@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2015 05:36:07 -0400

The PL172/8295As were notorious for going gassy with no use. I still have 4 of the 8295A ceramic versions, one of which is in a restored HT33B.

I in addition to the 8877s and 3CX800s, I like the FU728F Chinese Tetrode. New version only. Older ones/NOS suffered a high infant mortality rate.. I think they are close to the price of the 8877. Great tube, but more complicated amplifier build. It seems that many have forgotten how to tune Tetrodes. The 8877 is nice and compact.

73

Roger  (K8RI)

.