Re: [Amps] MLA2500 issue

To: AMPS <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] MLA2500 issue
From: Alek Petkovic <vk6apk@bigpond.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2016 07:20:13 +0800
If there's no smoke, it could be the input capacitor/s to the cathode, going bad as the temperature rises. That happens quite a lot on the older Yaesu amplifiers except they usually fail completely open circuit.

I notice in the 2500, there are 2 capacitors in parallel. A long shot would be that one of the capacitors goes open and then the other succumbs to the extra strain.

Just my shot in the dark.

73 and good luck.
Alek. VK6APK.