Re: [Amps] Tunned Input

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Tunned Input
From: Larry Benko <xxw0qe@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2017 21:33:14 -0600
The calculator below gives incorrect results:

For example Zsource = 50+j0, Zload=30+j0, Q=2.5, Freq = 14MHz produces
C(source side) = 413pF, L = .716uH, & C(load side) = 320pF which does NOT match

The calculator at https://www.eeweb.com/toolbox/pi-match produces for the same data as above C(source side) = 568pF, L = .340uH, & C(load side) = 694pF which does match & has a Q of 2.5.

Better yet, download the free program SimSmith at http://www.ae6ty.com/smith_charts.html and learn how to do matching without needing a formula from someone else. I have a YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKSyLSu4fm_1RHoO3Jvk4YQ or go to YouTube & search for W0QE which has over 30 videos describing the use of SimSmith with these types of topics.

73,
Larry, W0QE