Re: [Amps] capacitor across mains input to transformer

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] capacitor across mains input to transformer
From: Bryan Swadener via Amps <amps@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2017 00:44:38 +0000 (UTC)
The xfmr I rewound has two tapped primaries on a split bobbin
(I didn't need to touch the primary windings). Magnetizing
current is about 2A. It runs dead cold.

Manfred's info online (below) helped yuuugely with the rewind. As tight as I
rewound the secondary, I had a little magnetostrictive
noise. A local transformer shop was nice enough to vacuum-
pressure impregnate it free gratis with polyester resin.
Photos + text: http://www.tinyurl.com/wa7prc-transformer

vy 73,

Bryan WA7PRC