Re: [Amps] Current draw fan Alpha 77

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Current draw fan Alpha 77
From: Martin Sole <hs0zed@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2017 13:31:27 +0300
Hi Gary,

Definitely a later model, you have a pcb for the RF meter circuit whereas mine is just open wired around the socket and that sure is some gunk on the blower.

If it were me I would first slide that wiper on the blower resistor to almost the other end, to set up a default low speed for the blower during rx periods then I think you could do like Jim said and wire a relay, coil from 12v to the PTT line and with some suitably rated contacts just short out the resistor or parallel in a much smaller value. That would cause the blower speed to go up and down with keying.

A dry contact thermostat could be used in the same way but would just vary the blower speed based on temperature. I don't think you would need a supply voltage for that.