[Amps] Re message #1 + #2

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Re message #1 + #2
From: Gary Smith via Amps <amps@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2017 15:46:13 +0000 (UTC)
If the blower noise is too loud, look for a more "modern" designed fan at
Grainger.com
Regarding the rheostat in the amp, this, I want to recall, was a mod that was
applied to Ameritron's AL-800h's due to that amps notoriously loud fan.
The overheat thermostat is that of a home laundry dryer variety.  Can't recall
specifically where, but it is documented on the web complete with how-to's and
pix.
Maybe a pointer, look for AL-800 H fan mods.
Mine was loud enough that I sold it and bought a AL-82.
All I can conclude is that 3cx's of any variety are a b*itch to keep cool.

The other Gary Smith on this great list,
Gary...wa6fgi