Re: [Amps] Re message #1 + #2

To: Amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Re message #1 + #2
From: "Gary Smith" <Gary@ka1j.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2017 18:49:57 -0400
Gary Smith, WA6FGI of the West,

Perfect. I am doing exactly that. It only
makes sense, less components, same
function and easy.

Here's the component and at the bottom,
the mounting fixture:

https://www.grainger.com/product/GRAINGER-
APPROVED-Fan-Switch-6UED6?opr=APPD&pbi=6UE
D6&analytics=altItems

I'm bypassing the wiper and selecting the
maximum and minimum speeds. To try that
out I connected a 12V DC thermostat
bypassing the wiper. I set it for 120F
(49C), the same as the Thermal switch has
and gave it a run.

The result: Far better than High speed's
volume level and it works perfectly as far
as I can tell. I should have done this
long ago.

Thanks for the suggestion!

73,