Re: [Amps] 47 Ohm 5 watt

To: Bryan Swadener <bswadener@yahoo.com>, "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 47 Ohm 5 watt
From: Joe <nss@mwt.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2018 11:51:24 -0500
Yes temp will be an issue. these are for the parasitic things in the tops of 3-500Z's in a SB-220 amp.

Joe WB9SBD

On 8/9/2018 12:54 PM, Bryan Swadener via Amps wrote:
Be careful of the temperature derating. The datasheet says they start to derate at 25°C and derate to zero at
155°C. Caddock and others produce similar power resistors.  Kanthal/Globar produces suitable single units
but, I've not heard of a source for small quantities.  However, a coupla 100Ω/2W carbon composition resistors
can be used in parallel. Ebay seller 'bigsmythe74' has new old stock Allen-Bradley but, he wants $4/each. Sorting by price, I
see he has 91Ω/2W available for $1.25 each (http://www.ebay.com/itm/400003772794). Add $3.50/order shipping to USA.
vy 73,  Bryan WA7PRC