[Amps] Flex Power Genius XL 2KW amplifier

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Flex Power Genius XL 2KW amplifier
From: "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2018 13:10:00 -0400
Jim,

I did locate the Finder datasheet on the Newark/Farnell website.  Watch for
text wrap:

http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/2611932.pdf?_ga=2.102231233.1928605109.1538931238-590108331.1506213021

Note that specified operate/release time is "7/3 ms (12/4 ms sensitive)." It
may be a well-made relay and could serve for the amp's antenna output switching
function, but for T/R, it would be way down on my list among relay candidates.

If the Flex amp is specified to work with a 20 ms RF turn-on delay, Flex's spec
may be conservative -- or it's comprised of the relay time plus an additional
software or hardware transition time.  I suspect these relays would settle in
time for fast semi-break-in.  But for my CW QSK operating, 20 ms is almost an
eternity!

Paul, W9AC