Re: [Amps] 4CX1000a test and gettering

To: Edward stallman <ed.n5dg@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 4CX1000a test and gettering
From: Alek Petkovic <vk6apk@bigpond.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2019 08:10:58 +0800
Yes. Do it in your own amp.

Install the tube and run the heater and fan only, for a day or two. Very simple.

Before you do that, if you have a 1kV Megger, you can test the cold tube, between all elements, for leakage. If there is a problem, it will usually show up with that test.

If there is no problem, You should be pretty safe in plugging in the tube, without the conditioning process.

73, Alek.