Re: [Amps] Cleaning open frame TR relay

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Cleaning open frame TR relay
From: Mark - N5OT <r-emails@n5ot.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2021 15:10:48 -0500
Thanks for all the comments.  I'm going the right direction - This morning before I wrote, I didn't use any cleaner, and the paper I used between the contacts was light-weight linen stock for business letters.  My little strips came out with a bit of a dark smudge, but I'm thinking I can probably get more smudge if I keep it up for longer and do multiple passes, and use deoxit, and a hemostat, etc.  After that, the relay gave me 40-50 good cycles and went back to being wonky.

Thanks Robert, I can't really see if they're pitted.  I'll be cautious of abrasives.

Thanks everyone!

73 - Mark N5OT