Re: [Amps] 1N Diodes

To: "'Kim Elmore'" <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 1N Diodes
From: <k9mk@flash.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2021 09:00:10 -0500
Greetings to the Group,

    IMHO bigger is usually better.  I may have missed it in the threads here,
but I also look at the "peak" current for the part.  This usually tracks the
forward current rating but plays a factor in recharging the filter caps each
cycle where the currents can well exceed an amp, or two or three.  Although
some may scoff, I found some 6-amp 1KV diodes, most likely from China that work
quite well in over a dozen amplifier rebuilds with notable less HV sag at max
output.

YMMV

Mike K9MK