Re: [Amps] FT8 power with the KPA1500

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] FT8 power with the KPA1500
From: Jeff Blaine <KeepWalking188@ac0c.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2021 12:03:50 -0500
I don't know about 100% ICAS.  But I can say from personal experience, the KPA1500 is able to withstand years of RTTY contest duty without a problem, other than a lot of fan noise when it really gets warmed up good.

Can't say anything with respect to proper levels on FT8 as I don't run the mode.  But the logic of reducing the power may not actually provide any benefit TO THE AMP.  If I remember right, the amp's disipation was about the same at 500W or 1KW as at 1500W. Can't remember but that would be one thing to check.  Dialing back on the Po does not mean you are getting a corresponding drop in Pd.

Good luck.

73/jeff/ac0c
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie
www.ac0c.com