Re: [Amps] Alpha 87A Blower - Resolved

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Alpha 87A Blower - Resolved
From: Charlie Young <weeksmgr@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 18:43:19 +0000
Many thanks for all the prompt responses.

AE0Q answered my question about the proper way to install the plastic rotor on
the shaft.  He uses no heat, it just pushes on.

However, K5MM offered to sell me a NOS Alpha blower which he had as a spare for
an amp he previously sold.  In the interest of saving time, I have gone with
that option.  Thanks Ron.

I will keep the Dayton motor and plastic rotor wheel as spares.

Now to put this thing back together once the new blower arrives.

I am a regular reader of this list and once again it has come through.  What a
valuable resource!!

73 Charlie N8RR