Re: [Amps] Why does power output increase?

To: Victor Rosenthal 4X6GP <k2vco.vic@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Why does power output increase?
From: MU 4CX250B <4cx250b@miamioh.edu>
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2022 14:18:50 +0000
Victor, I believe low filament voltage is much worse than high
filament voltage, at least for tubes with indirectly heated cathodes.
I formed this belief after losing the tube in one of my HB amps which,
unfortunately, was running a nearly new Eimac 8877. I remember talking
to Bob Sutherland at Eimac  and he confirmed my belief.

My guess is that this is not as big an issue for tubes without a
separate cathode, like the 3-500Zs in your TL922, and I would be
pleased to be corrected by anyone who has experienced otherwise.
73,
Jim w8zr
Sent from my iPhone