[Amps] Repairing early Alpha Amp pushbutton switches

To: "Dennis W0JX via Amps" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Repairing early Alpha Amp pushbutton switches
From: K5jv <k5jv@kingwoodcable.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2022 10:27:52 -0600
Greetings to all,

       I notice that Walmart is "out of stock" of the push-button switches I
used to obtain the springs and contacts  used to repair my Alpha 78 multi-meter
switches.  I guess the the early birds did get the wo--switches.  They do still
have a similar switch.  It is blue in color and does not have the circuit board
contacts.  I do not know if the internal springs and contacts are the same, or
not.  I suggest using the switches from China on eBay.  They cost much less and
it took only two days longer to get them, than from Walmart.

       From questions I am receiving, there seams to be some confusion about
the actual repair job.  The only parts from the new switches used in the repair
are the internal springs and the new, silver colored internal contacts
(actually the old springs can be re-used, if necessary) You can toss the rest,
or save for some other project.  You must use the original switch body (not
necessary to remove it from the rail).  You must use the original push-rod.
You should re-use the original, brass colored, external spring to keep the
cam-slider tension the same.  Do not remove the switches from the rail.  The
four wires to the meters are all that need to be carefully removed.

73 de Lon, K5JV
281-795-1335