Re: [Amps] 8877 heater open circuit after shipping

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] 8877 heater open circuit after shipping
From: Alan Ibbetson <alan@g3xaq.net>
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2023 12:46:44 +0100
The guy sent the open-heater 8877 back. Yes, the heater is open and yes, it
is the tube I sent him (date code and serial numbers match). So maybe the
valve really was broken in transit.

One final question, and clutching at straws. I see on the Ameritron AL1500
circuit diagram one side of the heater is hard wired to the cathode. On my
suggestion the guy had pushed the anode connection to one side and run his
AL1500 like this for a few hours "heater only, to fully getter the tube".
Is there any conceivable way this could have burned out the heater? The
circuit diagram in the manual is rather hard to follow!

73, Alan G3XAQ

--
Alan Ibbetson
alan@g3xaq.net