[Amps] Henry hum on transmitted signal

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Henry hum on transmitted signal
From: r-emails@n5ot.com
Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2023 15:37:41 -0500
I see there was no content in my messages the first time around. I'm not sure what the problem is, but the workaround is to use a different email program. Here's what I wrote:
Greetings,

I have a Henry 2K-4A console, and when I use it on the air, a few people have told me my signal is not pure. One described AC hum on both sides of my signal frequency. Another friend said I had "sidecars."

My conclusion is I need to replace the big (oil-filled) capacitor in the power supply. I have a friend with an older Henry, I think it was a 2K-3 console, who had a similar-sounding issue, and he says he changed his big capacitor in the power supply, but it didn't really fix the problem. He sold the amp and I got the capacitor that didn't fix his problem.

Two questions:

1. Am I looking in the right direction or the wrong direction? Any other PS due diligence I need to do? Any Henry 2K-4A-specific anecdotes in the brain trust?

2. My Henry has the factory capacitor from the 1970s, which is 20uf @ 5000 volts. The replacement I have says "replacement for Henry capacitor" but the values are 16uf @ 7500 volts. It's close to the same physical size but not exactly the same size. It has a 2019 date stamp.

Guidance appreciated.

73 - Mark N5OT