[antennaware] a 3.5 Octave LPDA for 3-30 MHz

To: <antennaware@contesting.com>
Subject: [antennaware] a 3.5 Octave LPDA for 3-30 MHz
From: cebik@utkux.utcc.utk.edu (L. B. Cebik)
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 09:10:09 -0400 (EDT)
As a study item, I have added to the "modeling" section of the web site
some notes on a 3-30 MHz LPDA with high Tau and Sigma values--a. for the
fun of it, and b. as a reference or baseline for the 2-part QEX series on
shorter 80-10 meter LPDAs design.  Unless you have a 1250-1300 foot
turntable, the antenna is not for construction, but it does show what an
LPDA can do when all of the physical constraints are removed.  Since the
models use up to 2300+ segments, I figured most folks would not get around
to modeling a 3.5 octave version.  Hope something in the notes may be
useful--or simply curious.

Incidentally, although I do not usually announce them, I do add my antenna
modeling column monthly, my latest "Antennas from the Ground Up" column
every other month, and the latest "An-Ten-Ten-nas" each quarter--in case
anything in any of those items might be useful to someone.

-73-

LB, W4RNL

L. B. Cebik, W4RNL         /\  /\     *   /  /    /    Tel: (865) 938-6335
1434 High Mesa Drive      /  \/  \/\     ----/\---    http://www.cebik.com
Knoxville, Tennessee     /\   \   \ \   /  / || /    e-mail: cebik@utk.edu
37938-4443     USA      /  \   \   \ \       ||     e-mail: w4rnl@arrl.org

--