Re: [Antennaware] Modelling transmission lines.

To: <antennaware@contesting.com>,"David Gould" <david.gould@btinternet.com>
Subject: Re: [Antennaware] Modelling transmission lines.
From: "Guy Olinger, K2AV" <olinger@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 23:45:50 -0500
Many antenna programs have a method for placing a simple transmission
line in the model.

EZNEC, for instance will allow you to define a very short wire (like
one inch) place it just about anywhere at a distance from the antenna
wire parts, and define a transmission line (including substituting a
specified length for the actual distance). You then place a source on
the short wire and you can run impedances on it. Great for coming up
with tuned feeder multiband solutions.

This presumes that you can drop a balanced feedline directly down, or
in a way that it's equally influenced by both halves of the antenna.

What model(s) are you using?