[Antennaware] Checking Hy-Gain TH7 Traps

To: <antennaware@contesting.com>
Subject: [Antennaware] Checking Hy-Gain TH7 Traps
From: "Eric - VE3GSI" <ve3gsi@sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 11:39:43 -0400
Is there a way to test the traps used on the Hy-Gain TH series antennas for
resonance before assembly or even with the traps on the elements? I have
tried my dipper but could not find a way to couple it to the traps.

Yes I know the traps are simple to check with an ohmmeter and visual
inspection, but curiosity got the best of me and I wanted to see if I could
excite them somehow before putting the antenna up the tower.

Eric - VE3GSI