Re: [Antennaware] Help! Which One ?

To: Robert Kirkland <alpha76@triton.net>
Subject: Re: [Antennaware] Help! Which One ?
From: DAVID CUTHBERT <telegrapher9@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 05:43:51 -0600
The 130 foot dipole puts great demands on the 4:1 balun. Even if the balun
does a good job of the 4:1 transformation the coax will still see a VSWR
above 10:1 on every band. The loop, if one wavelength or more at 3.5 MHz
will provide a lower VSWR and not tax the balun as much.

The IR vertical will restrict you to 7 MHz and above. If this is acceptable
it is a good choice with a modest or better GND system. By modest I mean a
dozen 25' radials.

   Dave WX7G