[Antennaware] Interesting Antenna Design

To: <antennaware@contesting.com>
Subject: [Antennaware] Interesting Antenna Design
From: "Karin Johnson" <karinann@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2022 13:00:45 -0400
Hello Group:
I recently have put up a wire antenna for 20 Meters. It is a three-eights
wavelength wire vertical cut for the low end of the 20 Meter band. I have an
appropriate matching network at the base of the vertical.  It works like
text book.
So I've been thinking.  I am a bit compromised with real estate and space
for a few more antennas.  You can never have enough antennas.  So I was
thinking, I am wondering if the 3/8 wavelength wire is resonant on any other
band.  Lo and behold, it is the perfect length for a 3/4 wavelength vertical
wire for the low end of the 10 meter band. Sooooooooo ! ! !
I designed a new outside matching network to handle both bands.
The new matching network incorporates two vacuum relays, a vacuum variable
capacitor for the 20 meter portion, and a 1 to 4 balun for the 20 meter
band.  Plus at the shack end of the coax a Bias Tee inserter for control
power of the relays.
I am including link to Google Drive if anyone is interesting in seeing the
design concept.  It is below:

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1RBxngC3pf0Uop47BVKCdPKaZac4260RU/edi
t?usp=sharing&ouid=101983102297392238928&rtpof=true&sd=true

I haven't seen much activity on this list for a while and thought I might
provoke some comments.

Regards,

Karin Anne Johnson  K3UU
Palm Harbor, Florida