DX Mailing list?

From: GARLOUGH@TGV.COM (Trey Garlough)
Date: Mon Nov 2 16:24:55 1992
> Is there a DX mailing list similar to this contest mailing list

I am not aware of one.  I have followed net.ham-radio (now called
misc.radio.amateur.misc or whatever) for years, but threads of
interest to me on that newsgroup are often shouted down by people
who have no respect for the multi-faceted nature of the hobby.

By creating the CQ-CONTEST forum, I hoped to improve the signal-to-
noise ratio a bit.  I don't mean to say I disapprove of dissenting
viewpoints, but I hoped to create a forum that caters to intelligent
discussion of a particular ham radio special interest that appeals to
me, namely on-air competition.  I didn't feel this was possible in a
net.ham-radio.

As for DXing, if there is some interest, then it would be best to start
a forum dedicated to DXing (CQ-DX anyone?).  Any volunteers?

John Dorr (K1AR) says "DXing is something you do to kill time between
contests" and I tend to agree.  In light of that, I am happy to host
discussions of DX in the CQ-CONTEST forum until the DXers get organized
enough to start their own mailing list.

--Trey, WN4KKN/6