Two points

Subject: Two points
From: larryt@ateq.com (Larry Tyree x 7210)
Date: Tue Nov 10 16:14:30 1992
As I am sure someone else will write before I do, the reason we have two
points is because you used to get one point for sending the exchange and
one point for receiving it from the other station.  I remember having
several one point QSOs in the log back in the 60's.

As someone with a /7 in their call, it should be noted that the FCC
issued my call without the /7 in it.  I send it half the time during
my CQs, so someone scanning the band can tell I might be in Wyoming.
It is worse when your section sounds a lot like a California section.

In the CQ contest, your zone is not indicated by your call if you have
a 4, 7 or 8 in it.  So why should someone have to tack on /4 or /7
when it doesn't really indicate what your zone is anyway.

Maybe next there will be a rule saying that WN4KKN has to use the name
trey?

So, in summary, I think it is up to the operator to decide what to do
about sending portable information.  I don't think it is right for
those who have a FCC issued callsign in a different call area to
pay the price for the fact that the FCC is not doing the right thing.
Hopefully we can get the right to change callsigns again someday and
I can become N7TR.

Larry "TREE" Tyree  N6TR          _.  _....  _  ._.  _.._.  __...
islabs!ateq!larryt@sequent.com
work (503) 526-7210      home (503) 658-6012      fax (503) 526-7202

My views are not those of General Motors, IBM, HP or most other sane people.